Give Us a Call (773) 531-7719
Questions? Call (773) 531-7719
Picking the right shirt collar
Men’s shirt collars come in all different colors, styles and sizes. It is important that every man wears the right type of collar based on the shape of his face. A collar’s job is to put emphasis on and properly frame a man’s face. Here we show you 19 various collar styles that all men’s shirts can be tailored to. To help you understand the terminology, let’s define few terms that will help you understand a shirt collar:
- Collar Points - The tips of the collar.
- Collar Point Length - The distance from the Collar Points to where they meet the Collar Band.
- Collar Band - the piece of fabric that wraps around the neck.
- Collar Height - The height of a folded collar as it fits on the neck.
- Tie Space - The distance between the top of the folded collar parts when the shirt is buttoned.
- Spread - The distance between Collar Points.
Below you will see 19 different types of shirt collars all which can work for you.