Give Us a Call (773) 531-7719
Questions? Call (773) 531-7719
How To Care for African American Skin...
GENERAL CARE FOR BLACK SKIN
It is common for black skin to be oilier than other ethnic groups, this benefits is a in that it is less prone to wrinkles, you'll age better, also the obvious benefit of being more resilient to the drying effects of the sun (as well as better protection against skin cancer). The disadvantage of this is we are more likely to suffer from blemishes and spots, however with a little care this can be greatly reduced and, in many cases, eradicated.
Another all too common condition for black men is shaving bumps, because our hair is so curly it increases the chances of ingrowing hairs caused by shaving, but again, with a little care this can be reduced and even eradicated.
- Daily use of a face wash or cleanser is important, and not just to clean your face;
- It will increase circulation making your face appear fresher and brighter
- It will reduce the occurrence of spots and blemishes
- It improves suppleness of the skin
- It will improve the performance of a moisturiser
ACHIEVE THE BEST RESULTS WITH A FACE WASH
- Wet your face with warm water
- In small circular motions gently smooth the face-wash into your skin
- Gently pinch the face wash into your skin using your thumbs
- Use a clean flannel to remove the face-wash
- Pat dry and apply moisturiser (leave wet if you're going to have a wet shave)
Moisturising should be part of any man's grooming routine, the immediate benefits will be plain to see, an instantly more healthy, youthful, radiant appearance while visibly smoothing the surface of the skin. In the long term it will protect your face against the harmful effects of pollution and the impact of the environment, both in the cold winter, the hot summer and against the drying effects of air-conditioning and indoor heating.
Article Source: http://www.black-skin.com/invest-in-your-looks.htm